Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cavalier Essentials




A new brand I stumbled upon about a week ago, Cavalier Essentials is a well curated masculine punch in the face. I mean that with the utmost respect. As described by Taylor Pemberton, who's brain baby was this project, says that:

"Cavalier Essentials is a line of vintage products designed for the rugged, yet sophisticated gentleman. Cavalier was always briefly explained as--"If Steve McQueen carried a beat-up leather duffel bag on the back of his motorcycle; what would be in it and how would the products look?" This simple idea married an appreciation for lifestyle design and vintage accessories. All of the products possess a hand-made quality while responding to the modern influences of today's culture."

I thoroughly enjoy the Cavalier 'project', however, my one criticism is that I wish there were a little less branding of the "C" on the pieces. I feel that if omitted, the product could better speak for it's self. I can say, though, that I appreciate the love and thought that went into this. The product design and art direction are really quite wonderful.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. this reminds me of that movie "a single man" come to life! mcbloats.

    ReplyDelete