Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Hour {oh so happy}

It is officially the kick off of my SXSW week; last night I went to my first event at Art House (one of my favorite spots in Austin) to join the Dachis Group and my good friend, and fellow interior designer, Michala Monroe in good conversation and free libations.

This evening is when my studious friends get to start their MUCH need spring break. So, starting now they can join in all the debauchery and get drunk on friends and music.

In celebration of the week to follow, I will leave you today with a cocktail to jump off from to start your week(end) off right!


Basil French 75
Muddle 5 basil leaves with 1 teaspoon superfine sugar in a shaker. Add 2 ounces gin, 1/2 ounce lemon juice, and ice. Shake, and strain. Add ice and 4 ounces champagne [makes 1].

Cheers, friends!


Image and recipe from my good friend Martha (Stewart).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment