Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sunday fun day : 2nd Street shopping

Hi there, I hope everyone had a great weekend. There was a lot going on here in Austin - hula hoop contests at Lustre Pearl, late night dancing at Beauty Bar and the Pride Parade downtown Austin, which was one of the best block parties I have ever partaken in. With all of that happening at the beginning of the weekend I decided to take some "me" time on Sunday and do a little "shop and wander" in Austin's downtown 2nd Street district. This part of town has a lot to offer if you and your girlfriends want an afternoon of indulgences.

My recommendation would be to start at Lamberts, on the corner of Guadelupe and W. 2nd Street, for a gourmet barbecue brunch. They usually fill up pretty fast so make sure to call a head for reservations. Another favorite of me and my girl friends' in the neighborhood is Taverna, by Lombardi, on Lavaca and W. 2nd Street, with their $1 mimosas and bellinis! On top of all the great restaurant choices, walking down second street, there are a number of great boutique dress shops, furniture & home decor showrooms, and spas to explore. You also get to admire the progress on the new W Hotel with anticipation, said to open this December (I can't wait to check it out when it finally done!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment