Friday, May 6, 2011

Before I Die

The Before I Die project took a sad building, set in New Orleans, with nearly no life left and transformed it into a temporary work of art to help bring its surrounding community together - at least in making each and every person who passes by to ask themselves the same single question: "What do I ultimately want to do with my life - what do I want to do before I die?"
Once the wall is filled, the artist washes the board with water and start with a clean slate again. All responses are documented in a book before they are wiped away.


The artist, public installation artist and urban planner Candy Chang, is making stencils that can be shipped across the US so that the Before I Die project can temporarliy be placed on any building, in any neighborhood, anywhere. What an amazing project.

My personal favorite... "evaporate into the light".

No comments:

Post a Comment